Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review: Plastic Imagination Rise of the Beasts Minifigure Test Shots


I've been sitting on this one for a while - I wasn't sure when the line was hitting, and I wanted to wait until we knew it was or wasn't coming - good news is, they're coming this month! This was written nearly a year ago when the future was looking a little murky. As such, please keep that in mind when you read it, that you're getting my first impressions of prototypes from December, 2013!
Plastic Imagination Rise of the Beasts Action Figure Test Shots
As of when I write this (Christmas Eve, 2013) I do not know when this will be posted or if this will be posted. The gent behind Rise of the Beasts, a line of minifigures which was on Kickstarter, ended and was canceled, and has been through numerous hurdles. Well, that's sort of generous - basically we've heard of numerous factory change-ups, bad sculptors, and other things causing these figures to just plain not come out. As such I was more than a little surprised to have seen a box of these figures on my doorstep, each representing different stages of development. There's a tall lion, roughly 3-inches tall with a weapon and no articulation. The other figures are shorter, at about 2 1/2-inches high - just a smidgen shorter than a Beast Saga figure and taller than your vintage Battle Beasts. The rhino has no accessories and no articulation, while the dark grey scorpion arrived in pieces - the arms, tail, neck, and legs were all separate pieces.
[ READ THE FULL REVIEW ]

No comments:

Post a Comment